THE BEST HOSTEL OF NORTH INDIA
APPLICATION FORM - CLICK HERE FOR DOWNLOAD
ABOUT THE HOSTEL
The Hostel is situated at Anand Nagar, Gwalior in the midst of beautiful locality. There are two blocks in the Hostel - namely administrative and residential block.
Residential Block - This is a 3 storied building, fairly large and beautiful, consisting of 20 spacious rooms on each floor, having toilets and bathrooms at both the sides on each floor as per INC norms. This building houses 240 students.
Administrative Block - It is an equally beautiful and separate building but has been attached with the residential block by concrete bridge on each floor. The administrative block has Warden's residence and office, sick room and 4 guest rooms on ground floor. The 1st floor has a large recreation hall for the students while on the 2nd floor there is an ultra modern mess with spacious dining hall.
It is a matter of great pride for Prem Mahendra Shiksha Avam Samaj Kalyan Parishad Trust that it has been able to construct this hostel building on 80,000 sq.ft costing 2.25 crores, which has been adjudged best in the state of Madhya Pradesh. The management strives to maintain a multi-cultural character and expects the resident students to contribute equally towards maintaining a healthy atmosphere in the Hostel.
Conveyance Facility to Hostel
|Green lawns in Hostel large Premises
- Application for admission in the hostel should be made on the prescribed form attached here with.
- Hostel is compulsory for every student.
- Students are required to sign a declaration agreeing to abide by the rules and regulations of the hostel before admission.
- Admission in the hostel will be confirmed only after depositing the required amount of fee.
- Decision of the warden/Principal in any matter of the hostel will be final and binding on the students.
- Hostel charges once paid will neither be refundable nor transferable even if the student leaves the hostel before completion of the course.
The students are required to have the following items at the time of admission/arrival in the hostel:
1 Blanket / quilt
2 bed sheets white
2 Pillow covers white
|Team uniform for the games
||1 pair of White tennis shoes without heel (Lakhani only)
1 pair of Plain white socks (Nike)
1 White dress (half sleeve T-shirts and divided skirt)
1 Pullover for winters (navy blue only)
||1 black umbrella
1 wrist watch
1 single bed mosquito net (white)
1 Glass tumbler
1 full plate
2 quarter plates
1 Plastic water bucket & mug
1 Plastic dust bin with lid (10 Lit. only) Round Shape
1 Fluorescent tube/ bulb
As per requirement warm clothing for winters
One Bed sheet & One Pillow cover shall be provided by the Hostel
Student seeking admission in the hostel must read the following rules and regulations carefully :
- Rooms will be allocated to the students only after the payment of the hostel charges.
- Boarders will stay only in the rooms allocated to them and will not be allowed to interchange their rooms.
- Boarders can be shifted from one room to another by the Warden without any delay.
- Boarders on leave must be back to the hostel by 8 p.m. in summers and by 7 p.m. in winters, failing which, a fine of Rs. 50/- per day will be charged and in future leave shall not be sanctioned.
- Each room has been furnished with study table, chair, cot including electrical fixtures such as bulb/tube light with chock. Occupants are responsible for safe return of the furniture and electrical fixtures in good condition at the time of vacating the hostel. In case of any damages, recovery charges shall be levied on the student responsible for the damage.
- Every boarder has to use her own lock and key.
- Boarders are not permitted to remain in the hostel without prior permission of the warden during college hours. Defaulters shall be fined.
- In case of sickness, boarders will be attended by a qualified Doctor.
- Boarders are required to be present on the first and the last day of every term.
- Boarders are fully responsible for taking care of the room, furniture and electrical fixtures provided to them. No furniture will be allowed to be shifted from one room to another. No additional furniture can be brought to the hostel without prior permission of the Warden. In case of any damage and for losses caused due to negligence of the boarder to the hostel property due charges shall be recovered.
- Any forbidden articles such as Heaters, Electric iron, Immersion rods, Electrical stoves, Tape recorder, Television, CD player, Cell Phone etc. found in the room will be forfeited and fine of Rs. 500/- will be imposed on all the girls of that room.
- Transistors/Record players (battery operated) may be used in the rooms if room-mates do not object.
- No student shall carry out such activities in her room which cause disturbance or annoyance to anyone or to college authorities' Disciplinary action will be taken by the hostel authority.
- Boarders are not permitted to engage any person for service of any kind.
- Ragging is strictly prohibited in the hostel.
- A roll call will be taken between 7.30 to 8.30 p.m. daily. All students are required to be present unless prior permission/leave taken.
- Dinner is one meal where all residents are expected to come in team uniform, properly dressed and are suppose to maintain the atmosphere of discipline, cordiality and friendliness.
- All the students are required to be in their rooms after the 10.30 p.m. silence bell rings.
- Every student while leaving her room shall switch off the lights and fans. The electricity bill, if found more than the regular amount, shall be borne equally by all the residents.
- The students can avail the facility of cooler in their room on payment of Rs. 2000/- per year which includes the rent of the cooler, electricity, water and maintenance charges on it. Those who are willing to avail this facility are required to mention that in the hostel admission form. This room cooler facility will be provided only on demand of group of four students.
- Authorized visitors may visit the resident with the permission of the warden only during the specified hours i.e. 4.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m. on 4th Sunday at the designated place in the administrative block. No visitor is allowed to enter the residential block. It is strictly prohibited for all concerned.
- In emergency, visitors may be permitted by the Warden to meet the resident on a written request only.
- Residents are expected to keep their room neat and tidy. No posters to be stuck on the walls or doors. Rooms may be checked by the Warden and management authority anytime. Residents are required to maintain cleanliness and hygiene in their rooms, bathrooms and corridors. Bins are provided for the collection of fruit peels etc. Hostel has common bathrooms and Indian style WCs. A fine of Rs. 50/- will be imposed on offenders.
- Cooking of any type and ironing of clothes are strictly prohibited in the rooms.
- No students will stay out of the hostel at night without prior permission of the Warden and written approval of local guardian.
- All academic programmes must be attended by all the residents. If anybody fails to attend the above programme without any reason, will be reprimanded.
- Anything not mentioned in the aforesaid rules could be decided subsequently by the Warden / Management and shall be equally binding.
- To facilitate the students for washing and ironing of their clothes, arrangement has been made for a very cheap laundry service on payment of Rs. 175/- per month for washing all type of clothes. Management has the right to decide the quantity of clothes for washing.
- The list of the local guardians in the admission form will be subjected to the approval of the college authorities. The authorities reserve the right to ask for a change of local guardians.
- Those who have violated the Hostel rules or have been guilty of Hostel indiscipline and committed acts of misconduct, penalty charges will be imposed.
- Hostlers must submit a fresh declaration about their home address at the beginning of each academic year. If parents change their residential address, they should inform the Hostel warden without fail.
- All fresh entrants must be in the hostel on the previous evening before the college reopens and all hostlers are required to acquaint themselves with the hostel rules and regulations and abide by them.
- All Visitors list with specific name and address filled in and signed by the parents should be submitted to the Warden at the time of admission.
- Students must bring their own crockery for use in their rooms. In any circumstances no hostel property shall be removed from the dining hall.
- Students are advised not to bring any valuable jewelry or keep large sum of money in their rooms. The Hostel authority will not be responsible for any loss of the things mentioned above.
- The Hostel playground may be used by the residents daily in the morning and evening to keep up the good health and a sound mind.
- The mess is purely vegetarian. Preparation of non-vegetarian dishes in the mess is not allowed.
- The management of the mess is directly under the control of the College.
- The Mess charges are to be deposited in the office with other college fees as per the fee structure. The students are required to maintain silence and decorum in the dining hall.
- Students are not allowed to enter the kitchen or stores or give an order or direction to the cooks or other servants.
- Suggestions or complaints if any can be given to the Warden of hostel or entered in the register of the College.
- Students shall not be entitled to get rebate if they remain absent for whatever personal reasons (Sick or absent or marriage or death related or joining late) except summer leave decided by the college.
MESS FEE :
- Mess Fee for 1 Year is to be paid as per the schedule decided in the fee structure.
- Mess Fee and accommodation fees Rs 40000/- Yearly
Midday Meal at Hostel Mess
Large Space for Hostel Mess
- No resident student may leave the hostel without the written permission of the warden.
- A total of 10 days shall be admissible as sick leave in a year for a student on account of her illness.
- At the time of joining back after sick leave, duly authenticated medical certificate shall be furnished by the student concerned; otherwise the complete sick leave period shall be treated as absent without leave. In such case, for the complete period of absence, a penalty of Rs. 50/- per day shall be imposed for the first 7 days & after 7th day till 14 days, a penalty of Rs. 100/- per day will be imposed. In case of period of absence being more than 14 days without due justification what so ever, admission shall be cancelled.
- Re-admission charges of Rs. 5000/- shall be charged after 14 days absence. In such case, for extension of sick leave a written request of parents must be received in the office during the leave period by fax. If parents request for extension of any kind of leave is not received within the sanctioned leave period, same shall be treated as absent without leave and necessary action shall be initiated accordingly.
- Students before proceeding on any kind of leave require written permission from the Principal. When students report back after leave/sick leave/ emergency or short leave, the leave order provided to them must be duly signed by their parents. In case the leave order is found without the parent's signature, the complete period of leave availed by the student will be taken as absent without leave and necessary action shall be initiated.
- For emergency/short leave parents should inform Principal and then only emergency/short leave will be allowed, otherwise no such leave will be allowed.
S.T.D./P.C.O. IN CAMPUS
S.T.D./I.S.D./P.C.O. is available in the Hostel Campus exclusively for hostel residents only. Students can avail this facility at any time to contact their relatives.
PHONE FACILITY FOR GUARDIANS
Guardians can contact their wards only on the 4th Sunday of every month on the additional phone provided in the hostel. Except the 4th Sunday of the month, guardians will not be allowed to contact their wards. In emergency, guardians can leave their messages.
GUESTS & VISITORS
Visitors are not allowed in the hostel.
The warden has full authority to refuse admission to any outsider or any guests inside the hostel campus.
Parents / Guardians can meet their wards in the College after seeking permission of the competent authority.
Parents may appoint anybody as local guardian, in case parents are not located in Gwalior. In case of appointment of local guardians, their personal data along with the 3 passport size photographs will be submitted to the Warden. On request of local guardian if a student is allowed to go out of the hostel the responsibility would be of parents who have appointed the local guardian.
The local guardians can meet their ward on 4th Sundays of the month. In case of emergency, permission shall have to be obtained from the Warden.
The students will be allowed to go for shopping once in a month decided by Warden.
GUEST ROOMS FOR PARENTS
Guest rooms are available at the rate of Rs. 400/- per day per head which also includes food.
The hostel has two blocks, Residential and Administrative. There is a designated area in the administrative block where parents / authorized visitors / guardians will be allowed to meet with the students on the specified timings. Authorized visitors may visit the resident at the hostel with the permission of the Warden only during the specified hours on Sunday. No visitors are allowed to enter into the residential block; it is strictly prohibited for all concerned.
There is a big Recreation Hall, where students can spend their leisure time and be entertained through T.V., Table Tennis, Carom & other indoor games.
Infirmary with necessary equipments is present inside the premises of the hostel for students. Warden of the hostel is present round the clock. Students shall be provided hospitalization with full care, if needed.
Any case of illness shall immediately be notified to the Hostel Warden.
Generally all serious cases of illness are referred to a Hospital with the knowledge of the Principal and the Local Guardian.
Any medical certificate produced to seek absence from classes must be endorsed by the Warden and should be submitted within three days of re-joining classes or clinical areas.
The dining hall of hostlers is quite large and spacious and is equipped with new kitchenware and dining room set. Please respect the decorum and utilize it wisely. You are required to come in the dining room in appropriate attire. No one will be permitted in shorts, jeans or half dressed clothes. Meals will be served in the Dining Hall at the following timings
(Nov 1st to March 30th)
(April 1st to Oct 31st)
7.00 to 7.30 A.M.
6.30 to 7.00 A.M.
1.00 to 2.00 P.M.
1.00 to 2.00 P.M.
5.45 to 6.15 P.M.
5.45 to 6.15 P.M.
7.30 to 8.30 P.M.
8.30 to 9.30 P.M.
The management committee & the hostel committee reserve the right to amend or change any of the stated rules & regulations which will be enforced with immediate effect of amendment. Where deemed appropriate, and, no hostler/student will be allowed to challenge or make any representation.